Author Topic: Jon/Fury's Staff Application  (Read 25048 times)

Jon

Jon/Fury's Staff Application
« on: January 29, 2023, 08:38:56 PM »
Name: Jon

In-game Username: Jon/Fury

Forum Username: Jon

Who invited you to apply?: Jesus Christ

Timezone (GMT +/-): GMT -6

Main language: English

Do you speak any other languages fluently? If so which?: N/A

What days of the week, and times of day are you most active?: Periodically throughout the week usually in the evenings of the GMT-6 time zone.

Roughly how many hours a week are you online?: 2-10 hours, all depends on the week and work.

Have you had any breaks from playing since joining the server? If so, why did you leave, and why did you come back?: Played during closed beta on and off, mainly due to lack of players.

Do you plan on having any further breaks in the near future?: None that I can foresee.

Do you have any previous experience with Staff/Ranks? (Do not mention server names): I've had head admin, admin, head mod, mod, forums mod, support, and trusted experience, some of which have been on AllStar once upon a time.

If answered yes, do you still maintain these ranks? If not, why do you not have these ranks anymore? No. Those servers have since shut down.

Have you ever been staff on this server? Yes.

If so, why do you not have this rank anymore? That was a very long time ago when I had staff on AllStar and life got in the way, mainly due to an accident and recovery that I had to go through.

Why do you deserve this rank?: I'm active in the community when time allows and I enjoy the banter, conversations, and getting to know the people in this community. I have a plethora of experience as staff, as well as real life management experience where I was over 200 employees, so this is just a different version of that, albeit more enjoyable.

What do you believe is the responsibility of a staff member?: Ensuring rules are followed, players are helped, and enjoying the community that we have while making sure the integrity of it is maintained.

Have you ever been punished in any way in-game or on the forum?: None.

If answered yes to above, what did you do?: N/A

If you received this rank, would you devote hours of free time to not only play, but to engage in Staff responsibilities in-game/forum?: Around the time of work and being a husband, yes I would.

Are you accessible outside of game/forums if necessary? (Discord): Yes.

Answer these questions as in depth as possible, assuming the player continued the action regardless of what you said.

What would you do if someone was using offensive language? All depends on the context of the language.
There's cursing and using offensive language because that's how someone talks.
There's banter between friends.
Finally, there's an actual intent to harm someone, flaming or degrading, and that isn't something that is allowed.
A warning would be issued, if it persists, depending on the time of the last warning, there may be another warning or two involved before the player was muted.

What would you do if you came across someone that appeared to be AFK training?
Ask and talk to them to see if they're at the computer, might reach out via discord if they're someone that uses discord frequently. If no response is obtained but the character continues to do the task an ::unjail may occur to see if the character continues to keep doing the task while at home in a safe location. If at that time there is still no response while the character continue a ::jail would occur until the player reaches out, which is usually soon.

What would you do if a player did not pay out when dicing?
Talk to the player to see why they didn't pay out, if it was a miscommunication, lack of funds, or otherwise. If the player has to sell something to the General Store to get the money that is one thing, however if they refuse to pay a punishment may be issued.

What would you do if someone asked you to buy RS gp from them?
Remind them that selling RSGP is against the rules unless it is the form of a donation, which should be done with Boris. If they continue to insist I, or others buy, a punishment may be issued after a couple of warnings, typically.

What would you do if someone was posting rude comments on forums?
Remind them of the rules, warn them and hide the post. If they continue a mute may be issued on the forums.

What would you do if a player logged on a different account to argue their punishment with you?
Remind them, that while they feel that talking in game is easy it is still avoiding the punishment that was issued. Encourage them to appeal their punishment on the forums and if they continue to Avoid their punishment punish that account as well.

What would you do if player logged in with a questionably offensive or rule breaking name?
Remind them of the rule against offensive names and if they're brand new recommend they make a new account.

What would you do if someone messaged you claiming to be flamed by a player?
Ask for the proof and to have it submitted on forums, or pm on discord. Contact the other player and see what is happening and have them send proof on their side as well. Try to mediate the situation and get a resolution. That may be warning one or both players, maybe issuing a punishment depending on the warning situation with the player(s).

What would you do if a player accused you of abuse or breaking a rule?
Request them to show the proof of their accusation in forums or to a higher rank than myself so they can look into it themselves/get the right people involved.

What would you do if a player accused another of scamming for underpaying or taking advantage of another player?
Ask for them to show proof on forums to take a look. It's hard to say what is "underpaying/taking advantage" when people can buy or sell things for what they want. It's a grey area that needs to be looked into on a case-by-case basis.

Tell us about yourself, hobbies, things you enjoy doing etc?:
My name is Jon, I played AllStars when it was pretty new back in 2013.
I collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards, Flesh & Blood, while being a table top board gamer. Playing anything from those, to MTG, LOTR card game, Arkham Horror, Monopoly, Risk, Destinies, Pandemic. Along with a smattering of other games all tied in.
I enjoy what I do, working with people regarding mortgages, and I enjoy the free time I get to have.

Anything else you would like us to know?:
Nothing else really, but enjoy the day and thanks for reading!

-Jon

Jesus Christ

Re: Jon/Fury's Staff Application
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 01:19:31 PM »
Want to start off by saying good application. Well thought out and answered in depth. You're a known player and have been around for a while, although staff requirements are a little more than 2-10 hours a week. (we all know life gets in the way), but with the server growing, we need an active & reliable staff team to keep things in order and help the community.

Please consider re-apply for possibly trusted at a later time once you've put in some more in-game time :) thank you.

Application Denied

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal