Author Topic: The future of Allstarlegends (Full account reset)  (Read 1932 times)

Offline BorisTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Owner
  • Loyal Member
    • Facebook page.
The future of Allstarlegends (Full account reset)
« on: February 23, 2019, 10:55:53 PM »
The Allstarlegends V2 beta had way to many bugs and we would be unable to fix them all.
So I have quit the V2 project.
I have thought about it and there will be a full account reset on our current server.
Here I have a to do list of things I will do before doing a full account reset.
If you guys have any suggestions that you feel need to happen before the account reset that you feel is essential let me know.

All exp rates  are now 10 times lower. (Done)
People now receive 3 times less vote points. Player 2 Donator 3 and exteme 5. (Done)
Donation points are now 3 times more expensive (This also means donator status will be 15$ and extreme 150$) (Done)
The meat tenderiser is now only obtainable by voting! (Done)
All pay to win items have been removed from the Donation store. This means only cosmetic items like party hats,etc will stay (Done)
Colored rune kiteshields have been moved from the assault shop to the donation store. (Done)
All assault items are 3 times more expensive (Done)
All mage bank items are now 3 times more expensive  (Done)
All Pest Control items are now 3 times more expensive (Done)
All pk points shop items are now 3 times more expensive (Done)
All pk Honour shop items are now 3 time more expensive (Done)
All Slayer shop items are now 3 times more expensive (Done)
Thzaar shop is now 3 times more expensive (Done)
Drops where allready modified some time ago to make it harder but can be changed on suggestion.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 08:10:34 PM by Boris »
Please vote, help our server grow:
https://allstarlegends.eu/vote/

Offline I5HY

• Help-site Owner. https://aslhelp.eu
  • Newby
  • Web-Developer
    • AllstarLegends Helpsite
Re: The future of Allstarlegends (Full account reset)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 12:47:15 AM »
Drop rates being lowered by 3x makes the concept of RSPS pointless and lowering the leveling by that much is just going to make people bored.

We want updates not everything lowered.

Offline Braxton

• Ex-Head Staff
  • Ex-Staff
  • #NH
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 02:45:52 AM »
Drop rates being lowered by 3x makes the concept of RSPS pointless and lowering the leveling by that much is just going to make people bored.

Did you know drop rates were 1 in 30. -.-

Honestly, you don't know the current statuses of RSPS then. Most servers have 1 in 465 drop rates nearly, and now we have 1 in 90.

Most servers are 15x-25x exp nowadays, nobody likes leveling to 99 fast anymore... Where you been? The fucking issue with ASL was that EVERYTHING was so easy to obtain, and bossing gives you loot every 5 kills... What he did is prepare the future for a community that will stay and have the chance of wanting to make updates. @I5HY
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 02:47:24 AM by Braxton »
Add me on OSRS: Vault 069 #VaultHunters #VH

Offline I5HY

• Help-site Owner. https://aslhelp.eu
  • Newby
  • Web-Developer
    • AllstarLegends Helpsite
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 03:44:37 AM »
I think you will find the drops were nerfed heavily meaning rare drops were taking hours to obtain with most being 1:300 even abby whip was 1:151, i got sent the latest drop rates a few months back...

And as for 15-25k xp rates, the biggest servers currently around have faster leveling than asl had

No one wants slow leveling otherwise they would play osrs/rs3 not a private server

Did you know drop rates were 1 in 30. -.-

Honestly, you don't know the current statuses of RSPS then. Most servers have 1 in 465 drop rates nearly, and now we have 1 in 90.

Most servers are 15x-25x exp nowadays, nobody likes leveling to 99 fast anymore... Where you been? The fucking issue with ASL was that EVERYTHING was so easy to obtain, and bossing gives you loot every 5 kills... What he did is prepare the future for a community that will stay and have the chance of wanting to make updates. @I5HY

Offline Ruin

• In-game Support
  • Loyal Member
  • ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 07:29:18 AM »
I like this. Can't wait to test it out.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Hammy

• #1 Noob
  • Ex Staff
  • Trusted
  • Loyal Member
  • Blue Rose
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 09:38:44 AM »
i suggest we wait and not be hurry i hope smith and you be able to fix bugs i say you try one more time.

@LT Smith @Boris
I had dream I was king, I woke up still king.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Setis🌚

• Extreme Donator
  • Legend
  • Most hated and Under rated
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 01:42:18 PM »
i really hope your not going back and hosting the original base of allstar with these changes.. and if your using the current base you dont even need to reallt change drop rates as that was done awhile back and it was made difficult for the items that were dropping waaay to common..

Ontop of this i agree with i5hy with a lack of content having that experience rate is just going to make nobody wanna play for a longevity. Not to mention within your first 5 things posted was an increase to donations? I like you boris but thats not the smartest decision to do from an owners stand point when theres nothing currently out for people to even say that price is worth it..you trippled the regular price with 0 change but boosted rates.. i sincerely feel you should sit down with your entire staff team and create a diagram and dev guideline for what will release and when so you can hype your playerbase and justify these decisions.

No hate meant im being 100% honest how everyone will view this.

Offline BorisTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Owner
  • Loyal Member
    • Facebook page.
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 04:35:02 PM »
i really hope your not going back and hosting the original base of allstar with these changes.. and if your using the current base you dont even need to reallt change drop rates as that was done awhile back and it was made difficult for the items that were dropping waaay to common..

Ontop of this i agree with i5hy with a lack of content having that experience rate is just going to make nobody wanna play for a longevity. Not to mention within your first 5 things posted was an increase to donations? I like you boris but thats not the smartest decision to do from an owners stand point when theres nothing currently out for people to even say that price is worth it..you trippled the regular price with 0 change but boosted rates.. i sincerely feel you should sit down with your entire staff team and create a diagram and dev guideline for what will release and when so you can hype your playerbase and justify these decisions.

Ahh I was looking at the old NPCDrops.TSM but forgot the drops wheren't loaded from there anymore but are loaded from the npcdrops.java.
I will make some small changed there but not to much than. But yeah I try to get the overal items that get in the eco lower. So that includes less donation points since the items will be rarer.

Offline Setis🌚

• Extreme Donator
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 05:42:37 PM »
Donít get me wrong or anything but perhaps instead of tripling your donation rates for status and point value, keep the staus value at the current rates but DONT offer points with them and instead host your mbox website wide rather then in-game with rotations of the rare items it will contain every month. This will keep players happy, create a stable amount coming in-game and still provide a donation basis for players to attempt to get these desired items.

Just a thought, you dont have to listen to me but i feel thats a decent goal rather then just increasing the dollar amount behind items to create artificial rarity only for those who pay more.

Offline Hammy

• #1 Noob
  • Ex Staff
  • Trusted
  • Loyal Member
  • Blue Rose
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 08:16:16 PM »

Ahh I was looking at the old NPCDrops.TSM but forgot the drops wheren't loaded from there anymore but are loaded from the npcdrops.java.
I will make some small changed there but not to much than. But yeah I try to get the overal items that get in the eco lower. So that includes less donation points since the items will be rarer.

rsps are meant to get items so easy that's why players play because they can't get items on reall rs. lower them is bad solution

Offline Braxton

• Ex-Head Staff
  • Ex-Staff
  • #NH
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 09:48:21 PM »
Does nobody remember why everyone quit ASL?  Inflation...

Offline Setis🌚

• Extreme Donator
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 12:06:15 AM »
Does nobody remember why everyone quit ASL?  Inflation...

Not true at all, the inflation of prices was fine it was the lack of end game goals to go for in terms of actual content. Once you maxed out since pvp wasnt a thing, nobody bothered getting end game gear anymore because after you spent 2b you had it and that was that lmao.

Offline Zordon

• Newby
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 01:29:32 AM »
Only think I worry about is having and maintaining a skilling economy. I have seen so many RSPS's with high droprates and high exp and when you have npcs dropping like 50 noted coal and noted logs etc, or when you have custom shops that sell sharks, prayer potions, etc.. it makes skilling pointless. What's the point of fishing and cooking sharks and rocktails when you can buy them from the shops? and its not just these things. What about smithing? say i level up my smithing and can finally make rune platebodies and I plan to alch them for money. But also, lets say I can make 5 times as much money from theiving stalls as i can alching the plates. See the problem here? When money is so easily obtainable and monsters drop armor at a easy rate, it makes skilling for money and items kinda pointless. Now I know people bitch and complain that RSPS's are supposed to be faster and easier than regular runescape, but for gods sakes dont take too damn much away from the regular aspects of the game. So damn many RSPS's are so damn alike with almost all of them having super freaking high rates, insane droprates, custom shops with food, armor, pots, etc, and these servers are so fucking easy its get boring and you burnout very quickly.  Lets be different. Not saying we should grind out the ass and slave away at hours of skilling, monster killing etc, but when I can max out all my skills in under a month possibly 2 weeks thats too fast and too easy.

Offline Hammy

• #1 Noob
  • Ex Staff
  • Trusted
  • Loyal Member
  • Blue Rose
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2019, 11:32:28 AM »
Now I know people bitch and complain that RSPS's are supposed to be faster and easier than regular runescape, but for gods sakes dont take too damn much away from the regular aspects of the game.

It's true people did bitch and complain for no reason. In asl v1 there was everything they needed all bosses, new items, costume and new weapons. secondly, we had new wc area with red woods (not added, but it was on plans). The droprates was fine for all bosses, beside kraken. I don't get why players complain about. The updates didn't stop it was continue by our good devs @Setis🌚 . they did everything that people want. Also the devs were plan to add pets and fix some bugs. Asl v1 was in the right road. We could change graphics hd without reset. At end, all what we get from normal players is "this server is dead" or "this server is shit". They should be thankfull tho

Offline Skillz T

• GFX Artist
  • Ex Staff
  • Legend
  • Darien
    • AllStarLegends
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2019, 04:02:37 PM »
Honestly, I was happy when I heard about the production of V2. It actually made me want to come back and grind everything out and get Rank 1 again after all these years. But this is just going in a full circle honestly. Promise a new reworked server, get people hyped and get them to come back, then just reset everything and use the same base.

Now I remember why I left, lol.

Crazy Shit

Promoted to Support 7/12/15.
Achieved Trusted 4/15/15.
Purchased Donator 2/27/15