Author Topic: [Remaster]Allstarlegends - Alpha, Beta, Launch, and Post Launch Information  (Read 829 times)

Offline 👑Mod BradTopic starter

• Allegiance
  • Owner
  • 🍁Brad🍁
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone,

Today I'm finally addressing everyone here about the current state, and future off Allstarlegends.

Over the last 7 Years Allstarlegends has been a stable of our hearts. Around 2015 I joined Boris as a Developer for Ratedpixels, which was touted as a better Allstarlegends. While that server was fun, and was a lot easier to develop, It never became what Boris and I entailed. Around a year Later, I joined Dylan(Setis) Here, to Further the development of Allstarlegends, and to hopefully get us to a modern state. However, Due to how many previous developers, and how outdated the source was, I found myself constantly having to re-write massive portions of the server in order to add the smallest of features. Due to this, Dylan(Setis), Jake(Jesus Christ), and I have been discussing how we good get us to a better state. The discussions that took place really took a lot, and with all the ideas. We decided the best course of Action would be migrating to a new source, With more Features, and better Server Stability. This new source includes wayyy more content than I could have ever added to allstarlegends in the next 5 years. Because of this, adding new content, and even more up to date osrs data has become as easy as a 5 Minute Patch(Due to just repacking the cache with the data, and maybe updating readvalues if OSRS decides to throw us a curveball). The future of ASL is now... We hope the next 7 years are promising.

On October 15, 2020. We will be migrating to a new server source. This new server source contains a plethora of content that the original Allstarlegends Source was missing. This Includes; Osrs Data from Approx. 1 Year Ago(Full Implementation), Fully Working Bank Tabs, Ironman Modes, Raids!, and Much Much More!.

On October 23, 2020. We will be coming into the Full Launch. Full launch will have bug fixes discovered during the open beta. At this time, the Halloween Event, will become live. October 23, will also be the day that we release the new name for Allstarlegends, as well as the new launcher.

Key Information:
*Donations
  ~Supporter, Contributor, and Sponsor Packages Available. DM ME for more Information, or Join our Discord
*Events
  ~Halloween Event Coming October 23
  ~Beta Bug Reporting event, and Information Coming October 15
  ~Post Launch Event(First to Max as Each Game Mode - Information Coming October 23)
*Economical Reset
  ~Never Again! We will be including an Experimental Anti-Dupe system that should make it outright impossible to dupe(Information regarding how it will work will not be given to anyone other than staff members to avoid players from possibly figuring out ways to get around it)
*Player Logs (What information we will be storing about players, and what activities they are doing)
  ~Chat Logs(Yell, Game, and Private - Will only be checked on player reports)
  ~Item Logs(Dropping, Picking Up, Alching, Selling, Death Drops(When you die), and Staking) - We will see what you are doing with your items
  ~PvM Logs(What Monster you killed, what they dropped, and How Long it took you to kill it)
  ~PvP Logs (If you attacked someone, if they attacked you, and what items they Dropped when you killed them, and what items you dropped if they kill you)
  ~Skillings Logs(Every action will be tracked; I.e How many total logs cut, how many of each log cut)
 *Discord Integration
  ~Rare Drops, Donations, New Players, and Votes will be logged through the Discord Bot we now have.
  ~Rare Drops Included; But not Limited To; Boxes(Vote, Mystery, Halloween, and TBD(FuTuRe CoNtEnT), Npc Drops, Pets, and Rare Skill Obtains
*Server Selection
  ~Two Servers; Live, and Development
*Client Launcher
  ~Downloads Cache, and All dependicies before the client is open.
  ~Supports Mac, and Windows currently(Linux Implementation Coming soon)
  ~Client will automatically update if a new one is detected.
  ~Looking at PATCHING system over full Removal and Re-download of a full cache (Will make Cache updates a looooot faster)
  ~Future Ideas(Account Integration, Forum News Integration, and Theme Selection)

One last thing I want to address is the future of the ASL Staff Team;
Founder - Boris (Has access to the VPS if im ever not around and you need help, Doesn't count as a staff member, but he's here to help if ever need be)
Owner - Mod Brad(Myself)
Community Manager - Jake(Jesus Christ); Manages Staff Team, and Community Interaction, as well as ensuring the staff members are doing their job. If you ever have an issue with a staff member, Speak With him!
Head of QA/Senior Developer - Dylan (Mod Setis); Manages Bug List, and ensures bugs are reported to me that are unfixable by him. He will also be assisting in a majority of the minor content being added going forward.
Discord Guru - Ruin; Got an issue with discord, Have access to a channel you're not supposed to? Hit Ruin up
Moderators - Mod Tonic(Dektonic), and Mod Pridy(Ms Pridy). This guys are the backbone of our team. Got issues with Players, or find bugs you don't want to list in a bug report. These guys are your man.

We truly hope to see old, and New faces on the launch.

P.S If you made it this far. Anyone whom has made an account on ASL V1 will be given a custom "Veteran" Cape(With the Letters ASL on it), as well as a Custom Chat Crown that displays the letters "ASL".

-The Allstarlegends(And now TBD) Team
Mod Brad, Boris, Jesus Christ, Mod Setis, Ruin, Mod Tonic, and Mod Pridy.
-Seraphim

Offline veoveast

• Newby
    • View Profile
Seriously can not wait for this.

EASILY my favourite ever server. Only server I've ever donated to some time ago.

Hope this lives upto my excitement!! ;D
- Slash

Offline kakka221

• Extreme Donator
  • Veteran
  • Newby
  • #1 Poop
    • View Profile
Have to check it out when beta opens, been many years when i played last time

Offline Boner

• Like A Rock
  • Newby
    • View Profile
Who do I talk to about donations. Work is going great since COVID. Canít wait for this also how do I check if I get vet?

Offline 👑Mod BradTopic starter

• Allegiance
  • Owner
  • 🍁Brad🍁
    • View Profile
Who do I talk to about donations. Work is going great since COVID. Canít wait for this also how do I check if I get vet?

You can either directly message me through Forums, or join our discord VIA the link in the update thread and DM me through Discord.

Anyone whom has an account before October 15, 2020(Forums) will be given the ASL Cape once I have commissioned it via a third party item modeller. As well as given access to "ASL Vet" Vanity Status in game (Which unlocks a Title, and Chat Crown)

Offline XXX game

• Newby
    • View Profile
Oh I am so stoked. Been so long since I've played so this'll be a blast! You guys had a good nostalgia thing going, not just for osrs but for private servers too. Thanks for the hard work.

Offline DivineDan

• Newby
    • View Profile
Nice. Exciting stuff, looking forward to coming back, itís been a while. 😎

Offline Veil

• Ex-Staff
  • Newby
  • this server is p cool
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Stuff looks good to see. Haven't played in a long ass time, might bring me back :p

Offline Morfeu

• Ex-Staff
  • Extreme Donator
  • Legend
  • Oneiros; the Shaper; the Cat of Dreams; Kai'ckul
    • View Profile
It's been a long time hahaha!

Looking forward to play again!

<3

Offline Kidd Baker

• Donator
  • Legend
  • The Legends
    • View Profile
Words cannot explain how happy and enthuasiatic  I am for all of this. If there is one server I have never given up on, it's ASL. We are all LEGENDS for a reason. <3
Remember to Vote!

Offline Mach

• Ex-Staff
  • Newby
    • View Profile
I'll definitely come back and check everything out once it is all up. :) The oldies know me as Xcmx Mach.
Much love <3

Offline iBevy

• Legend
  • Back and better than ever
    • View Profile
WILL THIS BE THE BEVY COMEBACK?

Offline Tanner

• #1 Scrub Demolisher
  • Ex-Staff
  • Legend
    • View Profile
Fuck yeah lads

Offline Julian

• Ex-Staff
  • Legend
    • View Profile
You lot really spiked my interest. Curious to check the server out and hopefully reconnect with some lads if they even remember me. 1 recommendation for the discord. Add actual voice channels. I'd love to speak some OGs if they were in a discord voice channel. Good luck with development and keep it up as per usual

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal