Author Topic: Ruin's Staff Application  (Read 15204 times)

Ruin

• Ingame Support
  • Global Moderator
  • Talks when needed.
    • View Profile
Ruin's Staff Application
« on: January 15, 2023, 06:46:43 AM »
Name: Ruin

In-game Username: Ruin

Forum Username: Ruin

Who invited you to apply?: Jesus Christ

Timezone (GMT +/-): GMT -6

Main language: English

Do you speak any other languages fluently? If so which?: N/A

What days of the week, and times of day are you most active?: My schedule is fairly flexible and I'm online sporadically throughout a vast majority of the week. Just ping me on Discord where I'm most active, and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Roughly how many hours a week are you online?: In ASL, I play minimum 20 hours a week; currently sitting on 40 hours of playtime. Outside of ASL, I'm always online unless I'm dead.

Have you had any breaks from playing since joining the server? If so, why did you leave, and why did you come back?: Yes, I took a break for about a week during the open beta because I assumed progress would be hard reset, and I didn't want to grind for nothing. Upon hearing the server had fully released, and there was no reset, I'm eager to hop back in.

Do you plan on having any further breaks in the near future?: No plans.

Do you have any previous experience with Staff/Ranks? (Do not mention server names): Yes. I used to be an ASL moderator for a long while. I could make a formal list of all the Staff positions I've held in communities, however I feel it may be a bit redundant?

If answered yes, do you still maintain these ranks? If not, why do you not have these ranks anymore?
I do still maintain these positions actively, and I have never been demoted from a Staff position. The only Staff/ranks that I am no longer a part of, are communities that are dead and gone.

Have you ever been staff on this server? Yes.

If so, why do you not have this rank anymore? Because of the server's revival. (This question is kind of weird to answer... 😅)

Why do you deserve this rank?: I've put a lot of time and effort in ASL over the years. Whether it is helping out the community, solving disputes, disciplining players, hosting fun community events, or creating the initial Discord server, I've always been by ASL's side.

What do you believe is the responsibility of a staff member? Staff members must maintain authority and enact discipline to the players when necessary, without the abuse of power. Staff members should remain unbiased when solving disputes between players, and uphold ASL's rules to provide a fair and fun experience for the entire community.

Have you ever been punished in any way in-game or on the forum?: Never.

If answered yes to above, what did you do?: N/A

If you received this rank, would you devote hours of free time to not only play, but to engage in Staff responsibilities in-game/forum?: As stated before in my Staff applications years ago; whether or not I receive Staff will not impact my amount of playtime within ASL. I will continue uphold the rules of ASL while I play and encourage others to do so. Being a Staff member only increases the scope of authority I'm admitted.

Are you accessible outside of game/forums if necessary? (Discord): I'm online 99% of the time on Discord.

Answer these questions as in depth as possible, assuming the player continued the action regardless of what you said.

What would you do if someone was using offensive language? If a player is being intentionally malicious, a warning or mute would be issued depending on the vulgarity of the language. If not, a polite, yet firm warning would suffice for the first offence. Subsequent offences would result in punishment.

What would you do if you came across someone that appeared to be AFK training? Allow the player a predetermined time frame to respond and prove that they are not AFK farming. After the time has passed, I would inform the player of our ::rules against AFK farming and ::jail them until they appeal, along with the necessary disciplinary actions for repeat offences.

What would you do if a player did not pay out when dicing? Collect evidence from both parties as documentation if there is a dispute, and solve the matter internally with the Staff team's deliberation. However if there is a clear offender, I would ban the offender until a conclusion is reached. Additionally, I would likely provide the victim with some sort of consolation prize or consolation out of my own pocket.

What would you do if someone asked you to buy RS gp from them? Ban them if it's an actual player and wait for an appeal. IPban them if it's a new/spam account. I don't even play RS... 🤣

What would you do if someone was posting rude comments on forums? Send a message to them internally to find the cause of their frustrations. If some common ground could be reached, I would simply leave it as a warning if they prove to work on their behavior. If they repeat again, I would mute them until they appeal.

What would you do if a player logged on a different account to argue their punishment with you? Punishment dodging is explicitly against the rules. They would be IPmuted or IPbanned instantly. Using a VPN to dodge the punishment does not bother me in the slightest; it takes longer to create a new IP and account than it does for me to type "::ipban xxxxx" 😉

What would you do if a player logged in with a questionably offensive or rule breaking name? Advise the player to create a different account with a more suitable name, and ban the offending account. Repeat offences would result in an IPban.

What would you do if someone messaged you claiming to be flamed by a player? Ask for proper documentation (screenshots, witnesses, etc.) before reviewing the information. The offending player would be disciplined depending on the severity of the offence.

What would you do if a player accused you of abuse or breaking a rule? Tell them to take their accusations to a higher Staff member for review. If they are correct, I will be punished. Simple as that.

What would you do if a player accused another of scamming for underpaying or taking advantage of another player? I would handle this situation the same as the previous question of "not paying out":
Collect evidence from both parties as documentation if there is a dispute, and solve the matter internally with the Staff team's deliberation. However if there is a clear offender, I would ban the offender until a conclusion is reached. Additionally, I would likely provide the victim with some sort of consolation prize or consolation out of my own pocket.

Tell us about yourself, hobbies, things you enjoy doing etc?: Always lurking, and these days I rarely talk unless I need to.

Anything else you would like us to know?: i just be chillin frfr

Boris

Re: Ruin's Staff Application
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 01:55:37 PM »
Welcome back to the staff team Ruin!

Application Accepted.

You have been promoted to forum Moderator.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal