Support or no support?

Support
10 (83.3%)
Neutral
0 (0%)
No support
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Twitch For Staff (Again)  (Read 1382 times)

Offline TwitchTopic starter

• Ex-Staff
  • Kik: Lamp_Post
Twitch For Staff (Again)
« on: September 13, 2017, 07:21:26 AM »
Name: Jacob

In-game Username: Twitch

Forum Username: Twitch

Who invited you to apply?: Boris

Timezone (GMT +/-): GMT -7

Main language: English

Do you speak any other languages fluently? If so which?: Yes, American Sign Language.

What days of the week, and times of day are you most active?: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday (afternoon), Sunday. Mixed times depending on plans. Will be more consistent when I move out in November.

Roughly how many hours a week are you online?: Roughly 10 hours I would say.

Have you had any breaks from playing since joining the server? If so, why did you leave, and why did you come back?: Yes, I left because I needed to focus on school and work about 3 years ago. I came back recently because I have more free time and wanted to get back into private servers, and what better server than ASL?

Do you plan on having any further breaks in the near future?: No significant breaks besides when I am moving until I get internet up and running.

Do you have any previous experience with Staff/Ranks? (Do not mention server names): Yes, Moderator on 3-4 servers, including ASL. Administrator on 2 servers. Co-Owner of 1 server.

If answered yes, do you still maintain these ranks? If not, why do you not have these ranks anymore? No, ASL was the last rank I had. I do not have any of them due to me resigning for various reasons.

Have you ever been staff on this server? Yes.

If so, why do you not have this rank anymore? I resigned to pursue my career and education further.

Why do you deserve this rank?: I have shown dedication to the server and the community as a whole. I have proven myself in the past, and I am confident I would prove myself again.

What do you believe is the responsibility of a staff member?: To maintain order among the community and to enforce the rules to ensure that there is no anarchy or drama.

Have you ever been punished in any way in-game or on the forum?: No.

If answered yes to above, what did you do?: N/A

If you received this rank, would you devote hours of free time to not only play, but to engage in staff responsibilities on the server, forum, Skype or kik?: Yes, definitely.

Are you accessible through Skype or Kik to reach when offline? I can be accessible via Kik nearly 24/7. I may be very slow to respond when at work, but can likely sneak away in the event of an emergency.

Answer these questions as in depth as possible, assuming the player continued the action regardless of what you said.

What would you do if someone was using offensive language?: Ask them to stop using said language, and to read the ::rules. If they continued after the confrontation I would inform them that if they continued they would be muted. After continuing after that I would mute them and inform them that they can appeal on the ::forums.

What would you do if you came across someone that appeared to be AFK training?: I would give them 30-60 seconds to respond or stop AFK training, at which point I would jail them until appeal, and from then out follow the punishment protocol for AFK training.

What would you do if a player did not pay out when dicing?: Inform them it is against the rules to not pay out and inform them they must pay out. If they refuse I would ::jail them until they agree to pay said funds. In the event that they refuse and/or do not have the funds, I would inform an admin (Jesus Christ), or Boris about the player and let them handle the situation from there.

What would you do if someone asked you to buy RS gp from them?: Inform them that buying and selling RS GP for ASL currency is against the rules, but they can talk to Boris and sell said GP for donator points. If they continued to try to sell RS GP to me or other players, I would inform them that they will be punished if they continued and that they should reread the ::rules. If they still persisted I would ::jail them until they made an appeal and confirmed they have read the rules about trading RS GP.

What would you do if someone was posting rude comments on forums?: Ask them to stop and to reread the forum rules. If they continued I would either report said comments via the forums report feature, and inform a forum moderator/admin, or just inform the moderator/admin to begin with.

What would you do if a player logged on a different account to argue their punishment with you?: Tell them to appeal on the forums and if they continued their new account would also be muted. If they still continued I would either ::mute or ::ipmute said player, depending on my abilities.

What would you do if player logged in with a questionably offensive or rule breaking name?: Inform them that their username is against the rules, and that they need to read them at ::rules, and create a new account. If they refused I would jail the account and inform a higher rank (depending on my powers) so that the account can be terminated.

What would you do if someone messaged you claiming to be flamed by a player?: Ask them to make a report on the forums so said player can be dealt with accordingly. However, if it is actively happening I would teleport to said player and watch to see the conversation at hand and determine what to do from there.

What would you do if a player accused you of abuse or breaking a rule?: Tell them that if they truly believe I was breaking a rule they are more than welcome to make a report on the forums and have Boris take a look at the evidence provided.

What would you do if a player accused another of scamming for underpaying or taking advantage of another player?: I would ask them to make a report on the forums with evidence so that the player can be punished accordingly, assuming said evidence is enough proof.

Tell us about yourself, hobbies, things you enjoy doing etc?: I enjoy cars, a lot. They have become my entire life. I post my car (2016 Veloster Turbo) on my Instagram daily, with full intentions of upgrading up to a 2015 Camaro ZL1 in a couple years. Until then I will be getting a Subaru BRZ to make up for it. I also enjoy hanging out with my dogs, and learning about Java coding to hopefully learn enough to be able to benefit the server and get some stress off of Boris.

Anything else you would like us to know?: Thank you for the opportunity to apply for staff again. I loved being staff and helping the community when I was first active, and I hope that my presence can bring ASL back to what it was back then. I will never give up on this server.

Offline Bunnies

• Top Bun
  • Ex-Staff
  • Newby
  • Come to me ingame for help/trust trades/xfers <3
Re: Twitch For Staff (Again)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 05:05:23 PM »
Support!

I'd love to see more from you ^^
~[BUNNIES]~
04/08/2014
08/01/2017
9/16/2017
~Original Acc: BunniesSkillMachine~
Spoiler: show

• Ex-Staff
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 09:27:08 PM »
Support!

I'd love to see more from you ^^

Thank you. :) I loved being staff my first time around on here, I hope I can help again. :)

Offline Hatcx

• Ex-Staff
  • Most Dedicated Pker
  • Legend
  • Loyal Member
  • Jared is my dad
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 07:30:08 AM »
Yeah why not, not like I am an active player anymore :P

• Ex-Staff
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 04:17:32 PM »
Yeah why not, not like I am an active player anymore :P

Pfft you know you loved when I was staff. haha

Offline Jesus Christ

• High.. How can I help?
  • Administrator
  • Put this on your tongue ARE YOU HIGH YET?
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 01:32:21 AM »
I believe you'd made a great addition to the team. Not much I need to say other than full support :)

Spoiler: show

• Ex-Staff
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 04:33:28 AM »
I believe you'd made a great addition to the team. Not much I need to say other than full support :)

Thank you Jesus! It means a lot from you. I want ASL to be what is used to be and what it deserves to be.

Offline Boris

• Allstarlegends Owner
  • Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • Facebook page.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 03:07:00 PM »
Application accepted

Promoted to Support!

Honestly I am really happy to have you on the staff team again.
You did a really good job as staff and are a really good person.

Welcome back to the staff team! :)

Offline Boris

• Allstarlegends Owner
  • Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • Facebook page.
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 10:54:31 AM »
Demoted due to inactivaty.