• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Poll

What should the first returning item of the month be?

Bow-Sword
2 (22.2%)
Black yellow and purple boxing gloves
2 (22.2%)
Wise old man santa hat
1 (11.1%)
Rod of Ivandis
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: June 15, 2018, 03:19:46 AM

Author Topic: Restarting item of the month!  (Read 476 times)

Offline 👑setisTopic starter

• Extreme Donator
  • Developer
  • Most hated and Under rated
Restarting item of the month!
« on: June 01, 2018, 03:18:32 AM »
Hello fellow Allstarlegends players, myself and @Boris have discussed the facts of bringing back "Item of the month" to the server, And we are excited to announce it will be making a return very shortly. However, this is where the fun begins for you guys. Unlike times before we are going to let you(YES YOU!) decide which item comes first based off the popularity of the poll results. This means you guys get to choose what item comes first and makes an entry into the game.

For those of you who are unaware of what "Item of the month" is, it is a one off donation item where you would purchase it on the website donation store for a cost of anywhere between 30-50$ (50 if it's an item set... example clue hunter, ancestral, etc). This item would ONLY be around for that month and never to return to sales again(Unless it's a timed holiday exclusive addition.)It should also be noted that all these items will be PURELY COSMETIC.

here are a few pictures pertaining to the ones players may choose from as first to make an appearance. but choose wisely, only one can come first ;)

1)Bow-Sword (30$)

2)Black,Yellow,purple boxing glove set(50$)

3)Wise Old Man Santa(30$)

4)Rod of Ivandis(30$)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 03:23:06 AM by Setis »

Offline Don

• Friendly AF
  • Legend
  • ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Re: Restarting item of the month!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 03:47:07 AM »
~ 3 !!!

Offline Jared

• Jared the Gatekeeper God
  • Most Entertaining
  • Legend
  • Loyal Member
  • I am fucking untouchable.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 05:12:55 AM »
Instead of cosmetics you should make useful items of the month.
Example:  make the bow sword have the same stats as a tendy or something.

Adventures of Jared The ASL Enthusiast
Jared gives Al The Camel some money
Spoiler: show

Vwhen your deadman gets jailed for afk trainingV

^Much active forums

Offline Eye

• Extreme Donator
  • Legend
  • Eye don't even.....
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 11:41:43 AM »
I agree with @Jared .

• Extreme Donator
  • Developer
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 04:36:22 PM »
Instead of cosmetics you should make useful items of the month.
Example:  make the bow sword have the same stats as a tendy or something.

the problem with doing that is that a lot of players will complain about having things way too overpowered for example zeks amulet of fury (t) that he has. Everyone hated that only he had it and the stats were insane. So there would have to be a balance so that nothing is ďthe same as tendyĒ but adding stats  would be something Iím open to just @Boris would have to decide what they should be. And there would still be occasional cosmetics such as the wise old man Santa, boxing gloves and etc

Offline Boris

• Allstarlegends Owner
  • Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • Facebook page.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 04:38:19 PM »
Stats can be added to items but just make it slightly better like 1 att and str bonus more. Nothing overpowered.

Offline Jesus Christ

• High.. How can I help?
  • Administrator
  • Put this on your tongue ARE YOU HIGH YET?
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 04:40:21 AM »
I do agree with Jared. It's cool to have cosmetics running for items of month since we're doing polls, but let's try to squeeze in some other items.

Spoiler: show

Offline Raffi

• Newby
  • Loyal Member <3
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 04:49:12 AM »
if the items can be pushed out with other updates, throw them in. lets vote on them like this and pick them. I like this idea!!

Offline Eriax

• The Krooked
  • In-game Moderator
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 06:49:35 PM »
No.

1) I'm not in support of "Pay-To-Win" and I say this in the form that either 15 people will purchase this silly cosmetic and make it stupid overpriced, or one person will purchase it and make it even more stupid overpriced. That or everyone will gamble them until one person owns all 10 pricing each at 50B+.

2) Making these have stats is even MORE P2W especially something as stupid as similar stats to a Tendy which will ultimately make Raid items (The items that are SUPPOSED to be max sets) completely useless junk (granted they already are for the most part).

3) The donation system needs to be completely reworked before even considering such silly acts, alongside realigning the economy in some for or another.

I'm not shooting shots at anyone or anything; Dylan has done an amazing job doing what he has done and introducing things the way he has. But we aren't in a stage to focus on this. We need to lay off on the introduction of new items, and work on patching and reworking what we already have.

These are just my thoughts, I don't collect or bother myself obtaining such items. I only say this for the health and longevity of the server. That's all.

EDIT: Also, taking the route that these items don't return to sales after their one-month debut means you're going to run into the following problems:

• You will either run out of items to make Items of the Month, or run out of items to introduce to the game as content without impacting past IOTMs
  • You'll start leaning more into "customs" which will just make us some trash server that everyone's going to meme
  • You'll just re-looping the same IOTMs over and over to maintain balance between contents ultimately making people overpay 30-50$ for a cosmetic that's been reintroduced 4 times which really makes the in-game price even shittier.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 06:54:18 PM by Eriax »

• Extreme Donator
  • Developer
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2018, 07:16:39 PM »
No.

1) I'm not in support of "Pay-To-Win" and I say this in the form that either 15 people will purchase this silly cosmetic and make it stupid overpriced, or one person will purchase it and make it even more stupid overpriced. That or everyone will gamble them until one person owns all 10 pricing each at 50B+.

2) Making these have stats is even MORE P2W especially something as stupid as similar stats to a Tendy which will ultimately make Raid items (The items that are SUPPOSED to be max sets) completely useless junk (granted they already are for the most part).

3) The donation system needs to be completely reworked before even considering such silly acts, alongside realigning the economy in some for or another.

I'm not shooting shots at anyone or anything; Dylan has done an amazing job doing what he has done and introducing things the way he has. But we aren't in a stage to focus on this. We need to lay off on the introduction of new items, and work on patching and reworking what we already have.

These are just my thoughts, I don't collect or bother myself obtaining such items. I only say this for the health and longevity of the server. That's all.

EDIT: Also, taking the route that these items don't return to sales after their one-month debut means you're going to run into the following problems:

• You will either run out of items to make Items of the Month, or run out of items to introduce to the game as content without impacting past IOTMs
  • You'll start leaning more into "customs" which will just make us some trash server that everyone's going to meme
  • You'll just re-looping the same IOTMs over and over to maintain balance between contents ultimately making people overpay 30-50$ for a cosmetic that's been reintroduced 4 times which really makes the in-game price even shittier.
The items arenít going to have stats anywhere near that of tendy, we wonít run out of items as we are ever expanding and so is osrs this the ability to add new items can continue for ages. Vote shop was entirely re done. And donor shop will also be seeing some new shit. Brad mentioned doing the everythingrs donation page for the website and switching to them to make things

Every single update we have had recently youíve had something negative to say about it and itís slightly aggravating. Tho I do see your points in what you say, things arenít going to not happen because a few people dislike the concept. Itís already been in discussion for awhile as to bringing back item of the month. Servers cost money to run and developers cost money to pay itís a servers circle of live( no bad extended from this) itís not my place to say what server expenses are and how much boris has made recently. However the two numbers are far apart( a massive lose on his part) so  to increase overall revenue and still provide a fun basis this has been brought back with the ability for players to choose what they want as the item each month.

Everything in life results in paying to get somewhere with things. If it was all useless and all provided through in-game methods.. the server wouldnít last without being funded entirely out of boris pocket and at that point itís no longer worth the effort for no gain (atleast the way I see it, might be different for him)

Although ASL is a server and a game, thereís also a massive business aspect to it as well, people just donít do things for free anymore and thatís understandable in this economy. No one is getting greedy but time is money we all know that. Thereís a lot of changes coming and this is merely one form of finding a way for profit to return to asl so that more things can be done and we arenít struggling to stay afloat.

Once again, no harm meant when I say this. Iím merely giving you the reasoning this was even mentioned to begin with. I hope you and not just you but everyone who slightly sees the bad in this now understands why.

• Extreme Donator
  • Developer
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 08:03:47 PM »
THE ROD OF IVANDIS HAS WON! and will be coming as the first returning item of the month in july! keep your eyes open ;)