• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: very small update till the demon Skotizo arrives!  (Read 1217 times)

Offline SetisTopic starter

• Extreme Donator
  • Developer
  • Most hated and Under rated
very small update till the demon Skotizo arrives!
« on: April 08, 2018, 07:19:27 PM »
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a little something to play around with until I push the remainder of the update with skotizo coming shortly :P

1)Players are now able to obtain the pyromancer outfit from the firemaking points shop located at ::shops east of home. points are awarded at a 10 log burned to 1 point earned ratio.

Offline Boris

• Allstarlegends Owner
  • Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • Facebook page.
Re: very small update till the demon Skotizo arrives!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 07:21:52 PM »
Thank you for the update Dylan!
The pyromancer outfit is really fancy :)

Offline Linux

• Extreme Donator
  • Warhammer Boy
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:42:32 PM »
Awesome work Dylan! it looks great :D

Offline Don

• Friendly AF
  • Legend
  • ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 11:38:49 PM »
Awesome! dont forget to add fire making points.::points, ::mypoints

Offline Raffi

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 05:32:00 AM »
The Grind has started   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Hammy

• #1 Noob
  • Trusted
  • Loyal Member
  • Blue Rose
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 09:52:14 AM »
or why not 10 burn get 10 pts or you can put items like 50 points  :P
I had dream I was king, I woke up still king.

Spoiler: show

Offline Jesus Christ

• High.. How can I help?
  • Administrator
  • Put this on your tongue ARE YOU HIGH YET?
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 03:21:38 PM »
I'm still grinding for the set lol

Offline Roku

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 09:16:12 PM »
200m Firemaking & only have 380 points.

Dylan what have u doneeee.. :)

keep it up maybe boris will have more then 2 players on avg..

roku

Offline SoulTrain

• Player of the Month
  • Highest Achieving Newby
  • Legend
  • Live outside the Screen
    • 70 Useful Websites
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 07:56:50 PM »
Staying in your comfort zone and only lurking at the world through a TV or a computer is more dangerous as it gives you a false sense of security while spooking you out about the real world…which only makes you stay right where you are, on your sofa in front of the TV consuming the messages that are directed at you

Offline Hatcx

• Ex-Staff
  • Most Dedicated Pker
  • Legend
  • Loyal Member
  • Jared is my dad
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 03:01:24 PM »
Dead game

• Extreme Donator
  • Developer
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 04:21:26 PM »
Dead game

Hence why I haven’t finished the rest of the update yet.lack of players, lack of reasoning.

Offline Boris

• Allstarlegends Owner
  • Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • Facebook page.
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 08:48:37 AM »
We still have active players but if you think like this than yes we won't grow again. We need updates for people to start playing again.

Offline Ruin

• Ex-Staff
  • Legend
  • ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 01:47:54 PM »
We still have active players but if you think like this than yes we won't grow again. We need updates for people to start playing again.

Face it. Even when Setis was releasing updates, ASL was barely growing, if any.

It's not his fault or anyone's though. RSPS are just not priority anymore. The whole reason RSPS were popular was because Runescape was a popular game and RSPS were a free alternative for players who couldn't afford membership. Younger players, mostly. That demographic has grown up and moved on, and Runescape has also lost a good majority of the appeal and popularity it once had (and inherently RSPS are going to suffer as well). It was a low-intesity, time-consuming, casual MMO, but trends come and go. Battle-royale games are the trend now, i.e. Fortnite. 

Even with constant updates, there's an arbitrary player cap at just under 500 players (about how many people actively/daily play private servers) and that playerbase is monopolized by the top 5 RSPS. Which is not us.

The RSPS community is essentially an oligopoly in which we, ASL, are now at the bottom. And we no longer have the collective dedication or manpower to get to the top.

Young Thug in RS

Offline Eriax

• The Krooked
  • In-game Moderator
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 06:16:48 PM »

It's not his fault or anyone's though. RSPS are just not priority anymore. The whole reason RSPS were popular was because Runescape was a popular game and RSPS were a free alternative for players who couldn't afford membership. Younger players, mostly. That demographic has grown up and moved on, and Runescape has also lost a good majority of the appeal and popularity it once had (and inherently RSPS are going to suffer as well). It was a low-intesity, time-consuming, casual MMO, but trends come and go. Battle-royale games are the trend now, i.e. Fortnite. 

Even with constant updates, there's an arbitrary player cap at just under 500 players (about how many people actively/daily play private servers) and that playerbase is monopolized by the top 5 RSPS. Which is not us.

The RSPS community is essentially an oligopoly in which we, ASL, are now at the bottom. And we no longer have the collective dedication or manpower to get to the top.

You're accurate I'll give you that. However cost was hardly ever the reasoning because when RSPS was at its prime was when RS Membership was the cheapest at something between $5.00-7.00 USD.

The things that kept RSPS relevant was the grindless gains, the quick feel of success, and not to mention the primary reason that has been and always will be the PvP aspect of it all.

RSPS Spawn/ECO PK servers have always been at the top of the game since the beginning of RSPS. They had always reigned over all other servers, particularly now. They require far less intricate content updates, the economy (if present) is easily maintainable, and there's always something to introduce to the scene. I can lay down several RSPS still open to this very moment that are almost as old, if not just as old as ASL with player bases of anywhere between 60-250 DAILY that have always been a PK Spawn or PK Eco. All they've required is staying relevant to OSRS with gameplay and content relating to PvP.

But trying to continue this nostalgic ASL economy theme will get us nowhere. These type of things are "hypes" just as many others of those Eco RSPS that sat at the top for 2-3 years each, and then came crashing down after peeking 2K Players.

TL;DR -- PK Spawns and PK Ecos remain relevant, easy to maintain, and will forever be the only reason RSPS exist. Economy-based servers like ours can't sustain long lives because we over-worry on content. We also don't want to have an Economy server running over 100+ players cause it'd be too difficult to maintain, even with a development team of 3-5 developers.

• Extreme Donator
  • Developer
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2018, 06:39:59 PM »

You're accurate I'll give you that. However cost was hardly ever the reasoning because when RSPS was at its prime was when RS Membership was the cheapest at something between $5.00-7.00 USD.

The things that kept RSPS relevant was the grindless gains, the quick feel of success, and not to mention the primary reason that has been and always will be the PvP aspect of it all.

RSPS Spawn/ECO PK servers have always been at the top of the game since the beginning of RSPS. They had always reigned over all other servers, particularly now. They require far less intricate content updates, the economy (if present) is easily maintainable, and there's always something to introduce to the scene. I can lay down several RSPS still open to this very moment that are almost as old, if not just as old as ASL with player bases of anywhere between 60-250 DAILY that have always been a PK Spawn or PK Eco. All they've required is staying relevant to OSRS with gameplay and content relating to PvP.

But trying to continue this nostalgic ASL economy theme will get us nowhere. These type of things are "hypes" just as many others of those Eco RSPS that sat at the top for 2-3 years each, and then came crashing down after peeking 2K Players.

TL;DR -- PK Spawns and PK Ecos remain relevant, easy to maintain, and will forever be the only reason RSPS exist. Economy-based servers like ours can't sustain long lives because we over-worry on content. We also don't want to have an Economy server running over 100+ players cause it'd be too difficult to maintain, even with a development team of 3-5 developers.

This is all very true which is why I have planned a few upcoming updates that will hopefully spark some interest in asl yet again. These updates are as follows

Coming this weekend:
tzhaar shop update with obsidian Armor
Weapon shop and Armor shop update with granite boots,gloves and long sword.
Django shop update with rainbow scarf,handfan and western banners
Clue hunter event with clue hunter set scattered around the map.

Upcoming updates:
Skotizo with raids items such as elder mail, ancestral robes, twisted buckler, dragon sword.(twisted bow and Kodai wand coming later date)

new dyes in the slayer points shop to create the black, purple, turquoise, green,red

New donor zone perks and npcs

Drop rate overhaul on most npcs

New drops for slayer monsters

Prospector, angler and farmer skill sets

Attempting release of kraken with tent whip

Dragon defender and new warriors guild update

More rewards for mage bank

More new bosses(yet to be determined)

Removing drops from bosses that shouldn’t have them and correcting them to the appropriate boss on osrs.
Aka: Cerberus crystals to Cerberus, abyssal sire dropping unsired.

New cape called the mythical cape that requires all 99 and quests completed to wear.

And loads more based off YOUR feedback in upcoming months. This is no longer a game for me but an actual job to which Boris has decided he is going to be splitting profits from asl with me for a weekly update. I’m hoping with these planned things I can bring more attention back to asl. If there’s something you guys wanna see and you feel I can do it with my level of skill. By all means approach me :)