• Home
  • Search
    •  
  • Login
    • Username: Password:

Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: I know this has been suggested a million times but...  (Read 737 times)

Offline TannerTopic starter

• #1 Scrub Demolisher
  • Ex-Staff
  • Legend
I know this has been suggested a million times but...
« on: January 21, 2018, 07:29:16 PM »
Since we have Dylan right now (good shit), I'd love to see the addition of ironman mode.
I know it's been suggested a million times, but fr if it was added I'd no life that so hard. I'm rather bored of my game library right now and want to play ASL again.
If there's any chance of it happening, that would be sooooo great.

To elaborate: I'd simply like a mode where: No trading, an ironman specific shop (to include non-obtainables and such), all the shops are restricted.  :)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:34:28 PM by Tanner »

Offline Setis

• Extreme Donator
  • Developer
  • Most hated and Under rated
Re: I know this has been suggested a million times but...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 09:03:41 PM »
It can be done but I would need @Boris and @Brad to agree/ help with the addition of it

Offline TannerTopic starter

• #1 Scrub Demolisher
  • Ex-Staff
  • Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 09:24:45 PM »
It can be done but I would need @Boris and @Brad to agree/ help with the addition of it
Boris, this would def be worth your time. It would create hours of game play

Offline Boris

• Allstarlegends Owner
  • Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • Facebook page.
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 09:38:30 PM »
It's not as easy as you think. We would have to make sure all skills are trainable with only stuff dropped by npc's which is a lot of work.
Also only a small shop they can access only. Make sure they can't loot people in wildy or anywhere else,etc.
Honestly I don't have much against it but I think it's a lot of time for something we won't get much return in. (No voting,donating for ironman also)
We still have a lot of stuff that needs to be worked on/improved and fixed and I think we should focus on that first.

Offline Jesus Christ

• High.. How can I help?
  • Administrator
  • Put this on your tongue ARE YOU HIGH YET?
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 10:15:17 PM »
I agree it be a piece of work, as is a lot of thing. Which shouldn't stop us from adding competitive updates. What some people don't understand is that iron-man mode is hyped right now. Runescape players thrive for iron-man mode, so much that their searching private servers "strictly" for iron-man. I've seen this personally for my eyes, and a lot of player that get their feet wet among the runescape community can vouche for that. By adding iron-man mode, you're not only bringing in NEW players from elsewhere, you're going to bring in the donations you speak of. When you update all your advertising on our vote sites with "NOW AVAILABLE IRON-MAN MODE" you've just doubled yours viewers interest.

With that said let's evaluate the "work" of adding iron-man mode. We already have a lot of items that are use-able for skilling and training. Some of which npcs that are example dropping a steel hatchet, wouldn't be much working adding a mithril hatchet to use for a while until they manage to smith themselves a rune hatchet. Of course there's going to be things like rune ess that will be a challenge tieing into the game but there's ways around it. Example - adding a spot to mine ess, and increasing drops of rune ess from current npc drops.

This can be something worked on slowly on the side. I suggest this being carefully thought about and considered.

Spoiler: show

Offline Spadow

• Developer
  • Brad
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 11:29:22 PM »
Currently, Ironman mode would require an extensive amount of work to pull off. However, I will be looking into some crucial client sided issues. This means that I can add the support for it client sided, and when I get around to revamping the server to load osrs definitions (Proper osrs item lists, npcs, maps...etc) I can add support for ironman mode (I will have to run a bot to change old item ids to new ones (osrs items and pvp armours) and would be able to change old rank ids to new ones as well). I can look into this with permission by Boris.

Offline Eriax

• The Krooked
  • In-game Moderator
  • Loyal Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 04:14:20 PM »
Hardcore would be the one I'd like to see but it'd be the toughest one to create alongside Ultimate. I just wanna PK on a Hardcore for shits.

PS Tanners bullied me into typing this he's a satan lover.