(1/2) > >>

acord:
Name: AJ

In-game Username: Acord

Forum Username: Acord

Who invited you to apply?: Boris/Setis

Timezone (GMT +/-): UTC -6:00 (Central)

Main language: English

Do you speak any other languages fluently? If so which?: Not fluently, but some French.

What days of the week, and times of day are you most active?: Everyday, more active in mornings than nights. Typically from 8am to 4pm is when I'm actually playing. 4pm on wards I'm typically afk and make frequent checks.

Roughly how many hours a week are you online?: 35-40

Have you had any breaks from playing since joining the server? If so, why did you leave, and why did you come back?: I played close to two years ago, but didn't actively play.

Do you plan on having any further breaks in the near future?: No planned breaks at this time.

Do you have any previous experience with Staff/Ranks? (Do not mention server names): Yes. All ranks from Moderator to Administrator, Co-Owner, Owner, Lead Developer, etc.

If answered yes, do you still maintain these ranks? If not, why do you not have these ranks anymore?: A majority of the loss of ranks were from the servers closing. There has been one instance where I openly stepped down from my position, due to pre-existing issues with the staff team.

Have you ever been staff on this server?: No.

If so, why do you not have this rank anymore?: N/A

Why do you deserve this rank?: Fairly active, my name is fairly well-known, many players already come to me for middle-manning issues.

What do you believe is the responsibility of a staff member?: To ensure stability within the server, and to ensure players are content and issue-free.

Have you ever been punished in any way in-game or on the forum?: No.

If answered yes to above, what did you do?: N/A

If you received this rank, would you devote hours of free time to not only play, but to engage in staff responsibilities on the server, forum, Skype or kik?: Yes, already do as much as I can. But as a website developer with no in-game rank, my powers are limited.

Are you accessible through Skype or Kik to reach when offline?: Yes. Most people already have me added on Skype.

Answer these questions as in depth as possible, assuming the player continued the action regardless of what you said.

What would you do if someone was using offensive language?: Depends- If the player is swearing because they've killed Vet'Ion 1000 times with no drop, that's a bit understandable, as long as it's not overboard, and terms like "faggot" and the n-word aren't used. If the player is using offensive language towards another player, I'd give them the opportunity to resolve their issue with the player at hand. If they continue to be offensive, I think they're entitled to a mute, and referred to make an appeal on the forums.

What would you do if you came across someone that appeared to be AFK training?: Kick the player to interrupt the bot they're using, and then follow up with them when they return.

What would you do if a player did not pay out when dicing?: Give the player a chance to pay out their fair share that they lost, if they refuse to, it should be an immediate ban for scamming, which they'd have to appeal on the forums.

What would you do if someone asked you to buy RS gp from them?: Inform them that it's against the rules, and that if they want to donate RSGP, to get in contact with Boris to do a proper donation.

What would you do if someone was posting rude comments on forums?: On first offense- remove the rude comments and follow up with them in a private message to figure out why they were posting rude comments. On second offense- temporary ban from posting on the forums.

What would you do if a player logged on a different account to argue their punishment with you?: Assuming they've already been warned, the punishment carries over to whatever other account they login with. If I've banned them for scamming, I would once more tell them they need to make an appeal, and their secondary account would also be banned.

What would you do if player logged in with a questionably offensive or rule breaking name?: Depends. If the player is just coming on to troll with an offensive name, that'd be an immediate ban. If a player has been playing for a while with an offensive name, I'd let them know that their name isn't acceptable, and offer to transfer their items to a new account.

What would you do if someone messaged you claiming to be flamed by a player?: Ask for the name of the player that did the flaming. Follow up with that player, collect screenshots if needed.

What would you do if a player accused you of abuse or breaking a rule?: Ask them which rule I broke, or abused. If they prove to me that I abused my powers, I'll openly accept it. Otherwise, politely ask them to post a staff abuse thread on the forums.

What would you do if a player accused another of scamming for underpaying or taking advantage of another player?: I'd ask the two to resolve the issue as I middleman. If no issue can be resolved, gather screenshots and issue punishments as necessary.

Tell us about yourself, hobbies, things you enjoy doing etc?: I have an entire thread for this here. To sum up that thread, I'm a professional website developer. I also enjoy cars and woodworking on the side.

Anything else you would like us to know?: My sole reasoning for doing website development for ASL, and now applying for a spot as Support, is to grow the player base. The server has plenty of potential, just needs a few more touch-ups to get there.  And I think I have plenty to offer the server. :)

Hatcx:
Would have liked to see a little more detail in the application but you are a sensible guy so yeah Support

Kyle:
Cool guy, Always looking to help out ASL! ;) Would love to see you as a In-game Support very much! I GIVE FULL SUPPORT! ;D Idk how it will work on the forums with you being our Web Developer though!
 :P

Yours Truly
-Kyle

trappix:
I'm saying neutral because i've not seen much from you in game tbh, which is needed as support...

Jesus Christ:

--- Quote from: Kyle on May 02, 2017, 07:09:30 PM ---Idk how it will work on the forums with you being our Web Developer though!
 :P

Yours Truly
-Kyle

--- End quote ---

Wouldn't be effected at all. His forum rank is seperate from his in-game rank.

--

I don't personally believe in lengthy applications. I'd rather get to know YOU as a person, in REAL situations and not just for the best possible answer. You're fairly active, friendly and have a decent amount of knowledge of the game. I'd like to give you the chance..

Support

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version